Well 2010 has come and gone.... and I have been a huge slacker on this blogging thing. This post will probably take up a few pages... there are over 50 pictures! So look at what you want and skip over the rest! I want to do a blog book someday, so I wanted to put all of these on here!
Our 2010 was a blast! We had a successful year and are proud of our accomplishments!
In May I ran my first half marathon. I did the 5k in SLC for the cure for Breast Cancer and then the half. I did a whole lot of walking, but I did it! And I did it faster than I thought I would of! My camera was dead and my mom forgot hers, my half marathon pictures are in my driveway! Scott the lucky guy was able to go up to Idaho with the men in his family to golf, so he missed it.
In June I did a crazy race.... I did the Ragnar. I signed up and put a team together, and we had a blast! We were the Guns and Hoses. The owners son of Impact Guns was on our team, and we had 2 firemen on our team.... so the name kind of fit. People thought we were police officers and firemen and wives of them, but we sure tricked them!
I was able to run it with some of my family... Brother Brett above.
This was some crazy volunteer, but this is how the entire race was! It was a total blast!
My sister Becky was our driver!
Brett's wife Jana! We also ran with our Uncle Bob who is a fantastic runner, but he was in the different van so I did not get a picture of him.. darn.
Proof that I did do it!
Van one at the finish line and the entire team at the finish line! We also had a decorating party for our vans the night before! I was a blast, I would do it again, only train harder next time!
We went to the Bees game for free. Thank you Bryson! Laney had a love hate relationship with the Bee. She would look everywhere for it and then once she saw it she would cray and say scary... The whole way home she asked about it!
This picture is sideways, but Laney loved the bubbles this summer.
Somewhere in between the above and the below in June.... I surprised Scott at work. I picked him up and took him for a ride out to the airport where there was a helicopter waiting for him to fly.... yes a real one that you ride in. After I took him there, I took him to dinner at the JSMB. Then I wanted some dessert so he took me to Melting Pot for some yummy fondue! He was headed home until I told him that I have a hotel in SLC and we are staying the night. (This was the first night that we have left Laney since she was born.) So we went to a movie and then we went to our Hotel. We stayed at the Armstrong Mansion in SLC. It is a bed and breakfast. We helped ourselves to a little tour of the place and then hit the sack. When we woke up I had Scott's clothes all ready for him for work. We ate breakfast and then he went to work and I went home. It was a surprise for his birthday/ Anniversary. Since we were married in December, 4 days after Christmas, we are often broke, so this year I changed it up a bit and celebrated it at our half anniversary! (We still went to dinner and a movie on our real anniversary last night!) I have pictures of this fun place, but cannot find them in my picture folder.....Darn. Maybe I will add them later, after I have not spent like 3 hours on one post! Happy 6 Years Honey!
Laney with her two cousins who are more like older brothers!
Laney chased the chicken. she did a lot better than I thought she would.... she followed the kids and cried when it was over cause she wanted to do it again!
We spent the 4th of July in Wyoming this year. It was very enjoyable. Below is Laney with her Grandparents at the parade.
Above she is playing with bubbles in Grandma and Grandpa's back yard.
Above, on the 4 wheeler with mom and her first tractor ride below!
Playing catch with Grandpa Great!
We went to Jackson Hole and shopped around on another weekend, while the men golfed... Her is Laney and Molly with the Elk Horn arch in Jackson.
Laney loved playing with her friends (below). She also loved snow cones this summer!
I was very flattered that one of my students asked me to speak at his baptism. I have never spoken at a baptism. It was really interesting because besides me and his other teacher, the entire program was in Spanish. They had headphones and a translator for them to understand our talks. It was a really neat experience, and I would do it again in a heart beat! Just look at that kid, how can you not love him? His family is really amazing too! They are building an orphanage in Peru for LDS kids because they are discriminated against down there.
Laney turned 2!
We had a small get together with our immediate family. It was really enjoyable because all of Scott's family was able to be around for the entire weekend. We were only missing Sunny and Kyle and their girls, everyone else was there. We had a rainbow themed party, the cake was even rainbow! We had a BBQ, dessert, opened presents and played.
Above Laney is telling us she is 2!
She was a spoiled girl and really enjoyed her gifts... Her cousins enjoyed them too!
Grandma and Grandpa Burton scored this kitchen from my aunt and Laney got it for her birthday! She loved it as you can see!
The night ended with a dance party with the Pendleton's.... Above is Grandma and Grandpa dancing with Laney and Molly to the old record player.. Yes, I did say record player! Laney is in the average range for all of her sizes... Her head is still in the 90%... That is okay something has to hold those beautiful eyes and all those brains! She is so fun right now and tries and learns new things everyday. She knows 17 letter of the ABC's by looking at them and has mastered the ABC song. She likes to have her turn at saying prayers at night and is getting prettty good at it! She loves princesses, Barney, Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She loves to show us "tricks" and play with her cousins and go to Grandmas house to name a few things. We love her and are so greatful for her and all of the joy she brings.
Uncle Brett is a fireman! Laney talks about this everyday and thinks it is the coolest thing. We went and visited him this summer and he gave us a tour. Laney loved it.... so did her two cousins! Thanks Brett!
Scott, Laney and I went to the zoo. I think I enjoyed it more than they did, but I usually do! Laney did have fun though.
We went to the State Fair. They had the cutest kid area... where the kids work and milk cows, ride the tractor, feed the sheep... anyway at the end the FFA students give the kids a fake dollar and they get to buy a treat at the store for all of their hard work. She ate it up!
My father-in-law had never gone to the circus before, and I love those things so.... we took Laney and Grandpa for their first time to the circus. We had second row seats and had a good time too! I think everyone really enjoyed themselves!
Below are pictures of Laney playing with Grandma Great Poll (my Mom's Mother). Laney is lucky to have met 5 of her 8 Great Grandparents.
This picture below is not a great shot of any of us... but I really wanted a picture of the four generations.... out of like 20 Grand kids that my Grandma has, we are the only 4 generation of girls!
Laney not so happy with her Great Grandparents below.
We went to the pumpkin patch a few times this time it was as a family. Laney went a total of 3 times I think, and it is still a daily conversation that we have even though the ground is covered with snow and we have not had pumpkins for over a month! She pretends to go there everyday saying "Bye Mom, I go to the pumpkin patch, back in a min."
Laney's cousin Chance got baptized this October and here is a picture of her with the star of the show...! She loves her Chance!
Painting pumpkins from the pumpkin patch.
Can't forget to pint ourselves too!
The final product.... More paint on the kid than on the pumpkin!
Laney has such a great daycare! She loves it there and so do I! Below is a picture of some of her friends at school before they go around the school trick or treating! She is the youngest on the big kid side so she has a lot of "parents" to help out. The older kids really help her and look out for her, it is quite cute to see!
Of course, Brett was on duty on Halloween so we went to the Fire Station trick-or-treating.
The traditional picture we have with all the cousins at Grandma's house. Laney was so scared of her cousins we had to put her in the picture last minute so she would not see them! She was sure a cute bumblebee! PS... Hadley my niece is wearing one of my prom dresses.... Yes, I have a niece old enough to wear my prom stuff..... crazy!!!
Even though the weather was crummy.... we went trick or treating......ALL NIGHT! She loved it!
Her with her candy!
Laney also went to the dentist for the first time. She did GREAT! She did not shed a tear and was so cooperative. She still says that she likes the dentist and wants to go back! They said her teeth look wonderful and no cavities!
She even let them do an x-ray...... and the shots turned out great! No re-dos!
I had to post these pictures because it is the first time Laney let me put curlers in her hair and it turned out so cute!
Below is Christmas and Thanksgiving mixed. We had Thanksgiving with my side of the family and went to St. George. Christmas was spent in Star Valley with Scott's side of the family.
Helping mom and dad with the tree!
Our first night in St. George Laney was so excited that she was bouncing off the walls. She put on her jammies and her swim suit as a cape and this snow hat and put herself in bed...... which she later called the pumpkin patch!
Fell asleep on the couch with mom!
She loves to look in the mirror at herself.... As you can see below.
We go to this restaurant almost every year for Thanksgiving... well it has been every year for 4 or 5 years now and we have only been married 6!
The Burton's who went to St. George.
Another picture of her being silly!
"Helping" Grandma with her puzzle!
My birthday was just 4 or 5 days after Thanksgiving so I bought some cupcakes at a yummy cupcake store to celebrate! As you can see, Laney is the one who really enjoyed them!
This is the dessert that I got on my birthday when Scott and I went out! Yes, it was as good as it looks!
I got back from lunch at work and these were here on my desk from my sweet husband..... He knows I like surprises, so he sent them a day late...... which was AWESOME! Thanks again honey!
Laney and I took the tracks down to see dad at work, get dinner and see the lights at Temple square..... It was freezing but fun! She thought that all of the stops we make on the tracks on the way down were different fire stations and that we were going to see Brett, it was really hard to explain that there is more than one kind of station..... I just let her think that we were stopping by his station to see if someone needed a ride.
It is tradition to make sugar cookies with her two cousins.... really the kids just frost and eat the frosting..... thank goodness for pre made dough!
Laney opening her jammies on Christmas Eve.
This picture is of Christmas morning..... There were 17 people, 6 of those people were little girls all 3 or under. There was a lot of pink, a lot of princess and a lot of Kindles (for the adults)!
Above: Laney with her stocking, not quite sure what to think. Below: She started to get the hang of things. She got her first set of golf clubs!
Grandma and Grandpa
She loved Christmas this year and it was so fun to have a kid who gets what is going on a bit. She still does not like Santa she says, even though her gave her all of those gifts!
Laney and Molly in there Bell dress ups!
Grandma and Grandpa gave all the girls matching jammies, below is a picture of all the girls and their grandparents.
Laney was not happy to take a picture with mom and dad.
While we were in SV the girls all made a yarn wreath... please do not faint... Yes, I made a yarn wreath, and it turned out rather cute. Cute enough that it is hanging on our door right now!
One last cute picture of our Angel.
UPDATE: For those who do not know, or have not seen us in a while, we are expecting another little girl in March. We are very excited and so is her big sister Laney!
I think I have hit the main points anyway. I am sure I have missed so much and I have so many more pictures to post of just randomness, and cuteness of our little one, but I think this is enough for now!
Hope you have a Happy New Year!

5 comments:
I loved the update! You look so cute pregnant! I am really impressed that you ran the Ragnar and 1/2 marathon.
Good for you! Bet this took a couple hours, right? Too bad they take so long to load!
Fun to see the catch up!
oh my im happy to see an update and Im thrilled your prego! how exciting! congrats! Your little girl is adorable!
holy catch up!!! haha! I need to do the same!! Laney is such a cute girl, you have such cute family!!!
Love all the pictures and getting an update on your cute family :)!
Post a Comment