Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy?


Well.... I have to brag. In the last week I have not baked homemade bread, sewn a dress, made a scrapbook page, or painted a wall (not that that is bad)..... but I have worked 40 some odd hours, made 4 tutu's, taught a Sunday school lesson, cleaned my kitchen, paid my bills, stayed up many hours in the night with Laners, played with my baby and tried to be a good mom and wife.... and believe it or not I actually made dinner I believe 3 or 4 times! Hell has froze over!

I may not have the time to do different hobbies. I guess you could say that my hobbies and talents lie in the work place, being a mom, having fabulous friends and family, and just being happy with who I am and where I am at in life! I love the fact that I can call my self a mother, wife, daughter, friend, sister and teacher.

I never understood how hard it was for working moms before I became one.

I am not trying to complain, brag, or sound rude; but those who do work full time and have a family totally understand where I am coming from! It feels so good to have a healthy family, a straight house, clean underwear, and a homemade dinner.... If all of that happens at one time.... TALK ABOUT EXCITEMENT!

So thanks to those who make our lives wonderful by helping out with Laney, my house, laundry, work, church callings, dinner, etc. I have so much on my plate and could not do it all, or do it all well, if it were not for you! Thanks.


4 comments:

Cindee said...

Brooke, you're turning into Superwoman...just like I remember your mother! Thanks for sharing. Its so nice to see my good friends happy! And tell your Superwoman mother hello for me!

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

I hear ya! I love how blunt you are. But everything you said is completely true. It's 1:30 in the morning and I just finished a long over due post. It's crazy being a working mom. And a work from home one at that. I always thought it would be different. Good work on cooking 3 or 4 meals. That is awesome! Scott's a lucky guy to have you.

Sale and Jaimee said...

Well said my friend! I love love love this post and I think you just spoke for us all. I actually have tears in my eyes right now because I realize that I should be counting my blessings and not always wishing and wanting. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you that understands what life is like right now in our stage that we are in. I think being in our ward is hard sometimes because its hard not to compare ourselves. But you just opened up my eys. Thank you for this post. Love ya:)

Our Family said...

Oh goodness; you are a good mom! I'm a stay at home mom and still can't get everything done that I want too or need to. It amazes me how many of the hours I'm in that house and yet there is laundry left to be folded, dinner not made, rooms untidy, and toys left out everywhere. Good for you!