The guys were not too excited and really did not want to go but they were kind, and went! We went to Pei Wei on our way down and that was quite good too! When we got to the seminar we thought it would be filled with all young couples, but boy were we wrong! There were so many older couples than young couples! Matt (the speaker) made it a point that we were not all there for help.... but that every marriage no matter how good of one you have could always use improvement! He was hilarious! He made so many good points, and did not gender bash at all! His topic last night was on a S.T.A.R.V.E.D. marriage and what every marriage needs. He said that every marriage needs:S. Safety
T.Trust
A. Appreciation
R. Respect
V. Validation
E. Encouragement
D. Dedication
He also quoted Ghandi, and said: "You must become the change you seek in others."
They gave away some really good prizes too! It was an hour and a half well spent! Thanks mom for registering us! I recommend this thing to EVERYBODY! It seriously was great! Even the guys in the end said that they enjoyed it! If you want more info here is a link! (I also bought his CD, so if you want to borrow it, you are more than welcome! Just let me know!)
http://marriagemattersutah.com/
4 comments:
That sounds really good! It's always good to be reminded of those things. :)
Thanks for the link. I'm definately going to check it out. I think its so important to do everything we can to keep our relationship happy. After all...it is for eternity!
It sounds like a great seminar. I think that would be good for any couple. I love going to things that you are kind of dreading but that you end up being really glad you went to.
Hey cute fam! It was so fun to see you last weekend! I noticed you're going private and want to keep checking up...so...my email is mkpurser@gmail.com...by the way, laney is so super adorable!
Post a Comment