Monday, December 7, 2009

Grandma

This is the most recent picture I have of her.


I have never done a post like this one.... Last night my Grandma Burton passed away. She was going to turn 90 in January. This grandma is so close to our family. She lived two doors down from me my entire life. She has been there for every major event in my life.



She has 2 sons, 2 daughters (in law), 8 grandchildren, (6 grandchildren in laws), and 14 great-grandchildren. We all call her "Grandma Great". She is Grandma the Great! She was a wonderful person who raised a great son who I call dad. If it were not for her... obviously I would not be here today, but my dad, nor me or my siblings would be WHO we are today.



I am so grateful for the gospel, to know that I can see her again. I am so grateful to know that she is in a better place with the love of her life. I know that she loved each of us, and she showed it. I know that because of the life she lived, she is happy where she is at. I am so grateful for my family and the support we give each other. I love each one of them so much and I am so grateful for their examples to me as well.



It is normal I think to feel regrets of things I could of, should of, would of's..... but I can't think about that. I saw her on Thursday, I gave her a hug and a kiss and told her I love her. I hope that my actions though out my lifetime not just in the recent past has shown her how much I love her, cause her actions have shown me how much she loves me.



It will be hard to drive by her house everyday and not think of her, but the thoughts will always be good ones. Now I am just rambling.... I love my grandparents and I love my family. It is really sad that it takes a death to really take a step back and look at life, and see what it all really means to me. It is crazy to think that one minute a person we love so much can be here and then the next minute they are gone..... but she is somewhere better.



Thank you Grandma for the legacy that you have lived and the example you have been to all of us while you were here on earth. Thank you for raising a son that is such a wonderful person who has in turn raised (to me) a wonderful family.



I love you.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. Best wishes to you and your family during this holiday season.

Matt and Lindsay said...

That is an awesome tribute to her!!! Sorry for your loss.

Heidi said...

My mom told me about your grandma. I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a great lady and will be missed! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

Michelle said...

What a sweet post. I'm sorry about your Grandma. She sounds like a wonderful person. Sounds like you have lots of good memories to remember her by. You have such a good outlook on life. Aren't we so blessed to have the gospel and to have the knowledge that families can be together forever. Love ya Brooke! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisette said...

Brooke...I love you girl! What special things you have to say about your Grandma. I truly believe that those we love live on, in our memories that we have of them, and in the way we live that honors the things that they taught us. You're so lucky that you had a Grandma around for so long! We wish you all the best.

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. What a wonderful tribute to your grandma. It's so great to have someone like that in your life if even for a short time. It's good that you have all those fond memories of her. Now you can help to make more memories with your own family. Love you!