Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving! Our Thanksgiving started with a dinner at my moms house a couple of weeks ago. Our actual Thanksgiving holiday was spent in St. George with Scott's family. Everyone from his family minus his sister's family with the triplets were there. My parents and one brother go down every year... So we end up going to St. George every year! It is such a nice little break from life and nice to get away. Our reservation at the Switchback restaurant was 15 minutes apart from my family's reservation so we got to see them and "eat" with them (even though they were across the room!)

Our week was spent shopping, eating, sleeping, golfing, playing games, and enjoying one another company. It was really nice to get away and not feel like I have anything that I HAVE to do. The weekend ended with my birthday on Sunday! Birthday's on Sunday's REALLY STINK! They are kinda boring..... But we went to dinner today at Tampanyaki (spelled wrong!) Yesterday on my actual birthday my parents and Laney and I drove home from St. George and stopped in Nephi for some lunch. We ate at a really yummy place (can't remember the name) but they had trains and Laney LOVED IT!

While we were in St. George Laney decided to stop nursing. Yes, 15 months and we were still nursing, I could not give it up and she never wanted to until we were there and too much was going on for her to nurse! So now Scott and I can go on a date and really go for an entire evening! I am still struggling with the fact that she does not "need" me anymore, but it is slowly getting better. SLOWLY.

Below are pictures in no special order of our month long celebration of Thanksgiving. Before we went to St. George we put up our tree and decorations.... When I turned on the Christmas tree lights, Laney said "Pretty" and touched the lights and smiled........... It was priceless! I love that girl so much!

We are grateful for our family and friends and all of your love! Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.



The gang at dinner
Laney at Zions park!
We decided to go for a "walk" before dinner it was more like a short rock climb!
Laney with Grandma and Grandpa Pendleton










The Chrismas tree, and an ice cream truck "ride" at the mall!
















Thanksgiving at my moms. She did not like the dinner but she loved the cupcake dessert!







2 comments:

hoLLY said...

so fun! glad u guys had a good weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm glad thar I found this wonderful blog with interesting posts. Congratulations! You have got to share with us something nice. I Wish you a wonderful evening! smiles
Wonderful people ;(