Saturday, December 31, 2011

October



How time flies!  October has come and gone.  October was a very good month for us.  It had its ups and it's downs.  The beginning of October we participated in a fundraiser for my Uncle Bob.  Uncle Bob was diagnosed with Colon Cancer last year.  He ran Ragnar with us and never could get his energy back.  He just never had the energy to run and be active.  (If you know Bob, that is not normal.)  He got a colonoscopy and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer at the early age of 40 something.  At his fundraiser there was a bake sale, a 5K, raffle, Zumba, and breakfast.  He was not able to make it to the fundraiser, but his spirit was sure there.  The Burton family put on the breakfast.  It took many people to put this together, and I think we would all do it again.

 

 That night Bob Williams passed away.  He was truly an amazing person.  I cannot explain what a wonderful person he was.  I just hope that I can be 1/4 the person he was.  He has touched my life for forever. 
 Halloween!  We did the usual pumpkin patch and got our pumpkins!  We had a good time.

 Reese LOVES the bath!  She splashes and laughs and just plain out loves it! 
 Laney, Reese and I did a trip to the zoo with our friends the Vowels.  Jamie is Laney's best friend, and she will tell you!  Apparently, Jamie and I cannot even be friends, but Ricci and I are best friends!  They have such a good time together! 







 Halloween! Halloween! It is Halloween!  This year we had a really cute cow and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) at our house!  They both went trick-or-treating at school, so we only took Laney on Halloween while Grandma stayed with our cow at home! 


 I was fortunate to be called to help with Youth Conference.  About a month into that calling, they called me into the YW.  I was able to get to know some of these youth before our ward was split in November.  They are truly an amazing group of kids and so are their leaders!  We went to a really nice cabin in Eden.

 The girls and leaders really enjoyed the Wii and Just Dance 3, while the YM enjoyed the hot tub! We did a service project, a hike and other fun things too!
This picture is to show what a freaking cool teacher that I am!  That is my principal and Vice Principal and some of my students doing Just Dance 3 in my classroom!  My students earned it and it was a huge hit! 

No comments: